Diocesan Accounting and Finance
• Lead the Diocesan financial team consisting of a full-time Finance Director and part-time bookkeeper and work closely with the Diocesan Treasurer (a separate, governance-related position) in fulfilling Diocesan accounting, financial management, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, audit, and banking responsibilities.
• Serve and consult with Diocesan Investment Committee trustees responsible for oversight of the Diocesan Investment Trust.
• Serve as liaison to Diocesan churches as a resource to support financial analysis, including hosting occasional church treasurer workshops, and help resolve financial and accounting issues.
Building and Property Administration
• Envision and collaboratively develop solutions for building and property use and administration.
• Lead responsibility for Diocesan buildings and property maintenance, repairs, and improvements, including a maintenance team of five.
• Supervise the leasing of Diocesan property as well as the sale of property designated for liquidation.
• Maintain appropriate and cost-effective insurance coverage for all Diocesan properties.
• Provide ongoing, strategic counsel and guidance to the Bishop for emerging entrepreneurial opportunities as well as crisis management.
• Participate in a variety of ongoing Executive Staff meetings and Diocesan management meetings and committees.
• Prepare and deliver the Diocesan budget and forecast presentation at the annual Diocesan Convention.
• Collaborate in managing various human resources issues on a Diocesan level, including compliance with State and Federal HR regulations, as well as in helping to resolve HR issues on a parish level.
• Assume additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate.